Friday, June 1, 2012

Another long weekend started.

Today, I went to the doctor, and I was really excited about it.  I know what you're thinking.  No, no one has hijacked my blog.  I went to the doctor to finally have a giant wart removed from my elbow.  It's so big and gross that it's become a distraction in class.

And this is after I made part of it fall off.  You can see how that would be distracting.

So, I took my day off, and I went to an esthetic doctor, who used a lazer to take it off, as well as a little on on my hand.  As the numbing cream began to take affect, I started getting nervous, but I knew it was going to be well worth it.  Having a doctor that spoke English well was comforting too.

The doctor, lazering it off, while her assistant sucked up the smoke from my frying skin.

We stopped halfway, because she wanted to numb it more.  This is what it looked like then.

The doctor kept telling me that "warts want to survive," so this is by no means permanent, especially with it being so big.  I have a checkup appointment in one week, where it sounded like we'd be lazering again, but, with my Korean healthcare, it's only just under $15 for the whole thing, so I don't really mind.  I know a lot of people were furious about universal health care in the States, but, let me tell you, it's really pretty great.

I haven't seen what my elbow currently looks like, because there's a decent possibility of infection if I fool with it, so I'm keeping it out of the air until I need to change the dressings.  So yes, that is what I have for you.

Today is June first, so I wanted to let you know that I'm officially starting my June goals now, although they've been slightly modified.  I'm only going to try to write "some" every day, not a page.

Also, I thought you should know, I found another couch in the trash today (well, two, but I let Kris pick one for himself, too).

Finally, because I can read so well, I started my photo a day thing early.  Click here to see my first photo.

Okay.  That is all.  Don't be too grossed out.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment